Phone: +61 7 3831 9457
Fax: +61 7 3831 9500
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Commercial and Industrial Disputes and Disruptions
- Strategic Risk and Issue Management
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Mediation and Arbitration
Khory is a formidable strategist, negotiator and litigator across multiple legal disciplines. He provides wide-ranging issues management and conflict advice to corporate and government decision-makers at the highest levels.
He draws upon 35 years of practice spanning all aspects of commercial activity in diverse industry sectors. He brings broad and deep expertise to complex litigation or arbitration in the corporate and public arena; finance and insolvency; resource commodities and long term supply contracts; infrastructure and engineering projects; industrial relations; media; and regulatory and compliance issues.
Khory has been at the forefront of numerous landmark court cases in Australia. His 'go to’ reputation and high level private and public experience has seen him regularly retained in complex transactions for his strategic and lateral thinking capabilities.
Khory's conflict resolution expertise is recognised through roles within key arbitration and dispute resolution bodies. He has held numerous senior company board positions and strategic advisor appointments, often called upon for his expertise in times of controversy.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Arbitrator (Grade 1)
- Court Accredited Mediator
- National Alternative Dispute Resolution Advisory Council (NADRAC)
- Approved Arbitrator, Queensland Law Society
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Board Member, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA) (2009-present)
- Chair, Queensland State Branch, Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia
- Chair, Queensland Law Society Alternative Dispute Resolution Sub Committee
- Advisory Board Member, Prominent Insurance Industry Player (AON)
- Adjunct Professor, Griffith University
- Inaugural Co-Chair and Executive Member, Information Exchange Sub Committee of the International Committee for Dispute Resolution Division of the American Bar Association
- Former Chairman, Green Cross Australia (2009-2010)
- Former Chairman, Energex Limited (2004-2006)
- Director, Energex Limited (1997-2004)
- Former Director, Allgas Limited (1998-2004)
- Former Director, Energex Retail Pty Ltd (1999-2006)