Phone: +61 7 3831 9462
Fax: +61 7 3831 9500
Rebecca is a partner of the firm. She has a broad commercial litigation practice extending through general commercial litigation for clients from a broad range of industry sectors, professional negligence claims and discrimination claims. She has extensive experience in acting in complex litigated claims involving solicitors in Queensland and interstate. Her experience includes acting for surveyors, property developers, manufacturers, government, shipping classification societies, manufacturers, and indigenous land owners. Rebecca is a member of the QLS Rules Committee.
Rebecca has been a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation since 2014, achieving the Highest Achiever Award in that year.
Rebecca’s experience has also been recognised in the publication of the Doyles Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2017, where she is listed as a ‘recommended’ lawyer for Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyers in Queensland.
- Acting for a top-tier Australian law firm in a 7 year, $80 million+ claim for loss and damage brought against them concerning lost business opportunities, resulting in judgment being entered against the plaintiff.
- Acting for buyers of a multi-million dollar apartment affected by the 2011 floods in response to claims by the developer to enforce the contract for such.
- Acting for the executors of an estate of significant value in order to challenge wills made by the deceased, and the transfer of assets and monies made during his life time.
- Acting in a multi-million dollar claim brought against the (then) solicitors for Hog’s Breath Café involving a dispute between the franchisor and master franchisee.
- Acting in a copyright dispute between a national real estate training organisation and a trainee in relation to the use of material in contravention of copyright and regarding licensing issues.
- Acting in a claim by a mum and dad against their insurance broker for significant losses arising from the 2011 floods, resulting in a very successful outcome.
- Acting for a director of an ASX listed company in response to claims by shareholders including claims for misleading and deceptive conduct and breaches of the (then) Trade Practice Act, and in relation to insider trading.
- Acting for a well-respected Australian University in a variety of claims including for: breach of contract; misleading and deceptive conduct; discrimination; and alleged personal injuries.
- Acting for the Queensland Flood Commission in the Floods Commission.
- Acting in a significant claim for monies by a sub-contractor against John Holland regarding unpaid labour and other costs, and contractual non-compliance issues, arising from work done on the Urban Superway, South Australia.
- Acting on behalf of Bureau Veritas, a shipping classification society, in a mutli-million dollar claim by a Chinese entity.